Thursday, April 10, 2008

Bible Study Tool

Did you notice in the sidebar the button from Bible Gateway? Look all the way at the bottom of the blog. Right side.

This is a great tool for bible study. Especially, one like the one we are doing now. When the teacher is calling for you to look up many different scriptures this can sometimes be challenging for those who don't have much time for study or are easily distracted.

Most times I love the feel of my bible and flipping through the pages while I look up these different scriptures. I also like to write notes by those scriptures so I can refer to them later.

But, the reality is that many days with two young children running around, I am distracted and have limited time to look up all of the necessary scriptures that are called for.

So, I study near my computer and just quickly look up the scriptures on Bible Gateway.

Bible Gateway allows you to look up the scripture quickly and in many different translations.

For instance, Priscilla talks about Psalm 46:10 on Page 42 of our study, but she doesn't actually have the scripture written out.

If you look it up in the NIV translation that most of us have then you will see this:

10 "Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth."

But she uses the NASB translation a lot to make her points. So, if you don't happen to have this translation, you can just look it up on Bible Gateway and find this:

10"Cease striving and (A)know that I am God;
I will be (B)exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth

I find Bible Gateway a useful tool for study. I know many of you already do, too, but wanted to just put it out there for those who don't already know about it.

By the way, we are studying week 3 if you are behind, lost or confused.

No comments: