Tuesday, February 24, 2009

If We are the Body



I heard this song yesterday and it reminded me that as I get so busy in my own life, I often forget to reach out to others in a real way.

I think we might listen to this song and naturally assume it is a stranger that we are to reach out to. Of course, Jesus calls us to do this, but I wonder if more often it is not the woman I'm sitting next to each week in small group or the one I wave to in my neighborhood each morning as I rush out.

I can tell you from experience that sometimes you can sit among a group of people for months, even years and still feel like you don't have a friend you can count on. Many women come in to a group and just live on the fray of that group. Watching and just waiting for someone to reach out to them in a meaningful way.

Will you reach out today?

And if someone reaches out, will you receive them?

No comments: